DIY Cross Tray for Candy for Baptism, Communion or Confirmation Parties
Simple Step-By-Step Instructions
created by April Zay of hummingbird-arts.com
Do you ever see something in a boutique or store and think, "I could make that."
Well, inspiration hit when I was trying to find a craft to include for my friend's child's First Communion party. And the result is this elegant and simple cross tray she could use on her dessert table for the communion party. It didn't take too much time, and certainly fit the bill for her traditional cross themed occasion. We both were excited when we saw the finished tray!
While there are a few supplies needed for this project, most can easily be found around the house, with a couple of items needed from your local craft store.
Stuff You Need:
- 2 lbs Silver Shimmer Sixlets
- 2 lbs Powder Blue Shimmer Sixlets
- 2 lbs Coconut Jelly Beans
- 1 lb Jelly Belly Champagne Bubble Gumdrops
- White Foam Core
- Silver Posterboard
- Craft Knife/Scissors
- Hot Glue Gun
- Marker or Pencil
- Sequined Ribbon/Trim
- Large Shallow Decorative Tray (I found mine at Hobby Lobby)
- Clear Plastic or White Foam Egg Carton
- Cross Template